Recent Posts

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Walk n’ Shop

It’s been a few days since my last post, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to share!

Most of my days have been relaxing, filled with hours of reading (getting back into Holocaust-related stories!), quiet walks and watching many episodes Keeping up with the Kardashians.

Seriously, that family is hilarious.

IMG_0032

I’ve also picked up running, since my bike couldn’t make the trip down to Cville with me.

I realized that my aversion to running didn’t have to do as much with disliking running, but had more to do with putting too much pressure on myself to run many miles.

Instead of being happy with 3-4 four-mile runs a week, I was trying to do two six or seven-mile runs with one four-mile run a week.

Just anticipating those long runs would put me off entirely, but since I realized that I’m not training for a race, I haven’t been feeling that unnecessary pressure.

And for the last week, I’ve been really happy with my short but sweet jogs. But then again, with the insane amount of people at UVa who run, it’s no surprise that I have a different motivation.

IMG_0034

This morning, my run led to discovering a new trail around Wesley’s apartment.

Trail running was difficult, with so many obstacles to jump over and duck under.

But it was a nice change of pace from the usual asphalt.

And my reward for a great workout? An iced coffee from Greenberry’s. It’s a local favorite, with customers lining up at all hours of the day.

_1010087_1010089

I also picked up some groceries, including some travel packs of Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter and sardines in a cute little tin.

And let’s not forget yesterday’s adventures!

After almost a year of reading her blog, I finally met Allie from Live Laugh Eat at Cville Coffee.

It’s been the second time our paths have crossed, the first was when she visited Hong Kong while I was also there studying abroad.

P1010095

We spent a great hour talking blogs, careers and the upcoming Healthy Living Summit, while sipping iced teas.

But our conversation ended when Allie had to start her shift at Great Harvest.

P1010097

It was so strange seeing Great Harvest in person. It’s definitely different from seeing it on Allie and Kath’s blogs.

P1010098

It smelled amazing in the store (obviously!) and there were plenty of excited customers.

P1010100

I was excited just seeing the amazing cookies and breads.

P1010102

P1010111

Allie served me a sample of their Popeye bread, which was so good! Made with Spinach, Red Pepper, Garlic, and Parmesan cheese, the Popeye is seriously packed with flavor.

P1010126

I also stole away with a giant loaf of cheddar garlic…

P1010121

…And a carrot raisin muffin.

I can’t wait to munch on these for snacks during the day.

P1010105

After I left the bakery, I walked the short distance to Downtown.

P1010104

Somehow, even on a Wednesday afternoon, the cafes, restaurants, stores and sidewalks were still packed with people!

P1010106

I walked around for a few hours, with the goal of shopping foremost on my mind.

I’m not someone who goes on shopping sprees and buys hundred of dollars of clothes for an entire season. Instead, I like to buy a couple pieces here and there that I love!

And with Charlottesville’s many boutiques and cute shops, there are plenty of things to look at.

P1010112

As it got dark, I broke for dinner at the popular Revolutionary Soup.

P1010114

But more than just a huge variety of soups, they also have plenty of sandwiches, wraps and salads.

I went with the curried chicken salad, which is pretty much the same as a regular chicken salad, but with added curry.

But unlike the regular, it was actually pretty light and not too weighed-down in creaminess.

P1010118

So what did I walk away with after all that shopping?

Two new dresses! I could live in dresses all year if it didn’t get so freakin’ cold in the winter…

One was a long and simple printed dress from Bittersweet Boutique, and the other was a flirty little thing from Urban Outfitters.

I loved both because they’re definitely different from any other dresses I own. The colors on the shorter dress were awesome, and it fit perfectly. And I’ve always wanted to own a longer dress, and this version didn’t make me look even shorter.

Source

And after Wesley came home, we headed to the local frozen yogurt shop, Arch’s.

It’s not a serve-your-own kind of place, but they have amazing flavors and toppings.

Even though I’ve always wanted to try the gooey brownie topping, I went with peanut butter fro-yo with pretzels and coconut instead.

Win for the salty n’ sweet combo Smile

And wow, this was a long post, but since I had so much stuff to share, I’m not surprised.

Today’s my last day in Charlottesville (Sad smile) before heading to Philly for the Healthy Living Summit, so I’m going to make the most of it!

Tell Me About You!

Do you like to go on shopping sprees, or just buy a few things at a time?

4 comments:

Liv said...

You did hit all the great places in Cville yesterday!! Good choices at GH :)

Liv said...

Your post makes me want to go to RevSoup again! MMMM.

Liv said...

Yumm great harvest has great bread! And yes, I'm totally guilty of going on crazy shopping sprees :)

Liv said...

It was so nice to FINALLY meet you! That lady took a cute photo of us...minus my work outfit :).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...