Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweat and the City

Wow is today a hot day in the city or what?!

Luckily, I’ve been sheltered from the sweltering sun here in Starbucks.

But I still I broke for a lunch break with Wesley around 1PM.

Guess where I went??

_1020610

To Gary Null’s Whole Foods Uptown! Not to be confused with the whole foods, but their prepared foods section is still delicious.

_1020611

Today, there was tomato and basil hummus on the menu.

_1020615

With baby carrots for dippin’.

_1020617

A vegan sandwich with roasted veggies (red pepper, mushroom, eggplant, onions), avocado and vegan mayo, all on seven grain bread.

_1020626

And to round off the meal, a few of those dollar M&Ms Smile

I kept trying to fish for the PB, pretzel and dark chocolate flavors, but I kept coming out with peanut varieties…

Can anyone out there tell the difference?!?

_1020627

And while Wesley headed back to work, I set out for a walk around Riverside Park to stretch my legs.

P1020665

Do I spy a castle?

_1020631

Nope, just the soldiers and sailors memorial.

_1020634

_1020636

_1020637

_1020638

It was a gorgeous day, but the heat was not treating me kindly.

_1020647

P1020661

P1020663

And with all of the bags I was carrying, after 30 minutes, my back was drenched and I was done walking in the heat!

P1020667

P1020669

P1020671

So I returned to my sanctuary within the Sbucks.

Passion Tazo Tea sped up the cooling process. Try it next time you’re stuck under the beating sun Winking smile

I’m about to head back to New Jersey soon. As much as I love the city, I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!

And the most important reason I’m going home? One of my best friends from high school is home! I can’t wait to see her again!!!!

See you on the other side Smile

Tell Me About You!

What’s your favorite way to cool off?

What kind of M&M is your favorite??

4 comments:

Liv said...

Love M&Ms, especially of the pretzel variety! Have you seen the commercials for pretzel M&ms, where the pretzel is supposed to go inside the orange M&M? so cute.

Liv said...

ps I blog at wordpress.thebeautynotebooks.com

Liv said...

mmmmmm bokeh :)

Liv said...

My husband and I were just on the Upper West Side last weekend, visiting friends, and we went to Riverside Park several times--twice just to walk, and once for a morning run. Love that green space!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...