Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Run, At Last

Yay for sleeping early!!

Last night, as I was writing my post on my NYC adventures, I couldn’t keep my eyes open at all.

So I gave my body what it needed and fell asleep at 11PM.

And like clockwork, I woke up at 7AM this morning, ready for my first run since last Wednesday Smile

I grabbed a few Craisins for energy and went out the door for a six mile run.

It was a tough one, since my legs didn’t seem to remember how to run, and my feet were sore from all the walking/running around a restaurant I’ve been doing.

But the whole time, I was telling myself I was in a 10K race, and there was someone right behind me. It was a trick I learned in spin classes and I stubbornly refused to let this person pass!

After an hour, I was back at home and starving.

P1100333

Yogurt bowl to the rescue!

P1100334

This mix was my usual of Greek yogurt, cinnamon, chia seeds, granola and a banana.

P1100337

After the photo shoot, I added some soy milk to thin out the super-thick and cloying texture of the yogurt mix.

Delicious and perfect refueling Smile

It really felt so good to get a run in at the beginning of the day. I’ll need to get used to running as soon as I wake up, right when the temperatures are the coolest.

P1100348

And later in the day, I satisfied that sweet tooth with a square of Lindt 50%. I got bars and bars of these when Lindt had a moving sale, and now that supply is down to one measly bar Sad smile

Time to stock up!

Now I’m off to get ready for work … six more hours until I can land in my comforting bed again!

Tell Me About You!

When is your favorite time of the day to exercise??

2 comments:

Liv said...

I'm a morning exerciser, but I'm also really lucky because where I live (SF) is temperate all year round... annoying because it doesn't get hot, but good because I can exercise any time if I need to. Minus the "I work all day" part. :)

Liv said...

I would probably go through that stash of chocolate wayyyyy to fast. Gotta keep it out of the house lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...