Recent Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

Munchies

I finally did it! After weeks of saying that I wanted to make a batch of granola, I actually dragged my lazy butt and did it.

P1100187

This batch was made using this recipe from the Joy of Baking.

P1100188

It’s really simple, but instead of two tablespoons of canola oil, I replaced one tablespoon with sunflower seed butter. I also used whole almonds and walnuts, in additional to sunflower seeds. Instead of maple syrup, I used honey and added cocoa powder, too.

And finally (wow I changed a lot of things in this recipe!), I added shredded coconut and Craisins at the end.

P1100189

Although I almost burnt the granola, it ended up being pretty delicious. Which explains why I’ve been munching on handfuls of these every time I venture into the kitchen.

In other news, I must have been really out of shape because that running/tennis/frisbee action yesterday really got my legs sore. I seriously can’t even stand up without feeling pain. Maybe some walking will help loosen up my legs.

Hope your weeks are off to a great start Smile

Tell Me About You!

How long does it take for you to feel out of shape??

What are your favorite granola mix-ins?

2 comments:

Liv said...

Your granola looks so pretty! I think I would probably mix in more bad-for-you-stuff than good stuff.. dangerous! lol

As far as feeling sore, usually just happens when I workout really hard or just haven't done that particular work out in awhile.

Liv said...

Oh yea, next time I'll be sure to add the chocolate chips ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...