Recent Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Do the Doughboy

Well hello there!

Who’s as excited as me to see who wins the French Open this morning??

I can’t wait to watch the return of Nadal vs. Federer!

As much as Nadal is entertaining to watch, I’ll always be a Federer fan, and I can’t wait to see him make a comeback.

Go Federer!

P1100127

Even if Federer loses, I think that this morning would still be considered a success.

Thanks to this awesome breakfast!

P1100128

From the mind of foodie genius KERF, I whipped up a batch of her strawberry banana doughboy smoothie.

P1100129

It’s such an easy breakfast, almost as easy as pouring a bowl of cereal.

P1100130

Last night, I placed 1/3 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1/2 a banana, 3 large strawberries, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of cinnamon into the blender.

After sitting overnight, I added 1/4 cup soy milk in the morning and simply blended everything together!

P1100135

The whole process took less than five minutes in total, and then it was time for toppings Smile

Granola, a swirl of sunflower seed butter, the other half of the banana, and Craisins!

This breakfast was such a nice change from my usual oats, and the texture was awesome.

Slightly sweet, but thick and satisfying. It’s like a lighter milkshake, and with the toppings, it was the perfect start to my day!

This recipe is definitely going into my daily rotation, and I can’t wait to play around with the flavors.

And, in celebrity news, guess who just participated in a triathlon??!!

As if I didn’t have enough reason to love her, now I love Pippa Middleton even more because she’s a runner Winking smile

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Tell Me About You!

What’s your ideal summer breakfast?

Who are you rooting for in the French Open?

3 comments:

sometimeshealthylivingblog.com said...

hmmmm I think my ideal summer breakfast would be one of those dough boy smoothies. Looks delicious! And I love your food photography!

Crystal said...

My ideal summer breakfast would be a smoothie! There is one I really like that has 2 frozen bananas, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp pure maple syrup, 1 tsp ground coffee and vanilla almond milk! Your breakfast looks so delicious as well!

Liv said...

My ideal summer breakfast would be a smoothie! There is one I really like that has 2 frozen bananas, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp pure maple syrup, 1 tsp ground coffee and vanilla almond milk! Your breakfast looks so delicious as well!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...