Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lights and Cameras

I hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day!

Mine was pretty uneventful, but I was glad to get some more rest.

Luckily, I went to sleep at 10PM last night and woke up at 6AM this morning! I finally got in eight hours, so I was hopeful that I was over my jetlag.

Unfortunately, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap Embarrassed smile so I doubt that I’ll be able to sleep anytime soon. Hopefully this won’t completely destroy my schedule!

----------------------------------------------

After breakfast this morning, I finally realized how much I missed my gym…

I attempted to do some strength training exercises using just my body weight and workouts from Angela at Oh She Glows and Women’s Health as references.

That didn’t work out so well, since I mostly just spaced out at the TV and didn’t really push myself the way I do at the gym.

Plus, there wasn’t an energetic instructor yelling at me to go to my limits, and my house was already a sauna at 7AM!

I’m going to try and visit a local gym that has all of the Les Mills classes, and *fingers crossed*, they’ll have a decent plan that won’t break my bank account.

----------------------------------------------

In other exciting news, Wesley recently got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10x digital camera.

It’s designed as an entry-level DSLR, and over the last few days we’ve been testing out its capabilities.

I’ve always wanted to buy a DSLR, mainly for providing you awesome readers with gorgeous food pictures, but the price tag was always too much to handle.

Maybe one day when I have real expendable cash…

P1010340

The Lumix is a pretty decent camera, but then again, I don’t really know too much about picture quality to begin with!

_1010534

I still think that the DSLRs I’ve used give a warmer quality to pictures, but Wesley disagrees.

Regardless, the pictures are still high quality, so he’s a happy camper.

_1010575

Today, the camera came in handy when dinner time rolled around.

I love that I’m eating early enough to capture pictures in the last moments of daylight Smile

_1010596

Today, I baked up some black beans seasoned with olive oil, cumin, cayenne, paprika and thyme, at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until crispy.

_1010599

Also, I roasted a chopped Japanese yam with olive oil, also at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until the outside was crispy and the insides were soft.

_1010600

_1010602

And for the veggies, I quickly roasted a zucchini with olive oil, garlic, thyme, oregano and rosemary, for five minutes at 400 degrees on the top rack.

The meal was perfectly light for the ridiculously hot weather we had today.

What do you think of these pictures? Comparable to  DSLR?

P1100063

And in even better news, Wesley bought me some Nike Fit Dri running shorts!

I’ve been needing some more sweat-wicking running gear, and Wesley saved the day Smile

You bet I’m going to test these out tomorrow morning. Nothing like new running gear to bring life to exercise!

Tell Me About You!

Do you think the splurge for a DSLR is worth it??

What’s your favorite sweat-wicking running gear?

3 comments:

Wesley said...

Liv! Quick note, my camera is a DMC-g10k and personally, I think the editted pictures are a little too oversaturated and take away from the food's true color!

Anyway, great post :) and that 2 hour nap is what's keeping me awake right now...

Andrea said...

First- I love the look of your photos in this post- all with that sunny, light soaked glow. Beautiful
Second- I do think the DSLR is worth it. It's expensive, but it will change everything about your view of photography, the look you're going for, etc.

That said, you're taking some amazing photos already :)

Liv said...

First- I love the look of your photos in this post- all with that sunny, light soaked glow. Beautiful
Second- I do think the DSLR is worth it. It's expensive, but it will change everything about your view of photography, the look you're going for, etc.

That said, you're taking some amazing photos already :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...