Recent Posts

Monday, May 9, 2011

Distractions

Ok, this lack of educational motivation is getting out of hand.

While I was supposed to be writing an essay all day, I instead managed to find every possible means of distracting myself.

I read blogs, caught up on Hellcats, followed celebrity gossip, cooked some awesome lunch, went to the gym, cooked dinner, showered and ended the night by watching the 11:50PM showing of this movie:

P1090054

I really hope that this semester’s lackluster effort is only because I’m studying abroad. Being at this school gives me zero incentive to work, and living off campus makes it harder!

This is definitely a warning for next semester, when I’ll be commuting, to pick up my game and actually be responsible.

But that’s what I said at the beginning of this semester, too Embarrassed smile

Oh, and for the record, I loved Water For Elephants!

I didn’t go into it expecting anything, but knew that other bloggers had mixed feelings. And I didn’t read the book either, so I was completely unbiased.

Although Robert Pattinson really annoyed me by just standing there and staring blankly for a good part of the movie, I really enjoyed the story, REESE WITHERSPOON Red heart, the animals and the costumes!

The plot was predictable, but sometimes that’s not such a bad thing.

P1090039

As for lunch, nothing new here.

P1090043

I took leftover tofu and red cabbage from last night and made a salad!

P1090050

I basically cooked the tofu with salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin and parsley, plopped them on top of the veggies and drizzled sesame-soy-ginger dressing over the top.

To make the dressing: combine 1 tablespoon sesame paste (dark or tahini) with 2 tablespoons water, add 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon sriracha (or other hot sauce), 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar, salt, black pepper, white pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger. Stir everything together and serve as a dipping sauce, dressing or with stir-fry.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Tell Me About You!

Do you end up losing motivation in school/work towards the end of the class/project?

Have you seen Water for Elephants yet? Thoughts?

3 comments:

Katie said...

i COMPLETELY lost motivation towards the end of this last semester. i had just gotten back from nicaragua and just didn't care much about anything. i was so happy to see summer arrive. :)

lovesweatandbeers said...

I've been really wanting to see the movie. I loved the book. I guess that means it'd be reeaaaalllly predictable for me!

Liv said...

I've been really wanting to see the movie. I loved the book. I guess that means it'd be reeaaaalllly predictable for me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...