Like I’ve mentioned previously, my days have been filled with busy moments of both study and play.
So quick meals are definitely a plus right now.
This creamy avocado pasta is so quick and easy, it can be prepared in just the time it takes to boil pasta.
Inspired by Angela at Oh She Glows, I bulked-up my version with kidney beans, spinach, and a grating of Parmesan cheese.
Even though it’s no longer vegan, it’s just as amazing. It’s rich, creamy and satisfying, without any heaviness or greasiness.
A great, and natural, alternative to the traditional butter and cream.
Creamy Avocado Pasta with Kidney Beans and Spinach
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 2 servings (6 oz.) pasta—I used whole wheat
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon and lemon zest for garnishing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 servings of shredded spinach, or 4 loosely packed cups
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Meanwhile, mash avocado and add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, dill lemon juice, garlic cloves and olive oil
- combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy
- Chop onion and cook in skillet until translucent
- Add spinach and cook until slightly wilted
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add pasta to cooked mixture and combine with avocado sauce until well incorporated
- Plate and top with grated Parmesan cheese and lemon zest