Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tropical Salad Dinner

Another night, another chicken breast!

Before I moved in with a boy, I’m pretty sure that I only ate meat about three times a week, without even noticing it!

I’ve always found meat to be way more tedious and time-consuming to cook than vegetarian dishes.

With the extra 10 minutes it takes to fully cook a chicken breast, you would already be finished eating tofu-stir fry or beans and rice.

But, Wesley obviously doesn’t consider anything without meat a meal.

P1080437

To mix things up tonight, I made a mango salsa salad, along with lemon marinated chicken. On the side, cornbread!

P1080438

For the chicken marinade, I used 3 tablespoons olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, parsley and dill. Popped the chicken in and left it in the fridge for 5 hours. Then I cooked it simply on the stovetop and sliced it over the salad. Deeeelicious Smile

The salad dressing was the mango salsa that I made with fish a couple months ago. Just as good tossed with some lettuce! Loved the sour-sweet combo.

P1080441

And finally, cornbread. I used pretty much the same recipe as before, but added more sugar and a dash of paprika.

Wesley still doesn’t think it tastes like cornbread, but agrees that the added sugar helped. I personally loved it!

P1080442

Oh, and here was my version. We had one chicken breast and 1/4 pound of ground chicken, so I claimed the ground.

The beans added extra bulk and protein, but when Wesley saw me coming towards him with this plate, he asked, “Why do I have to eat the beans.”

LOL don’t worry, I’m not going to force anyone to eat beans. Even though I love them.

P1080445

This dinner was very simple, and you can even marinate the chicken, mix the salsa and cook the cornbread beforehand.

P1080447

That’s all for tonight, folks. Enjoy your evenings Open-mouthed smile

(Oh, one additional thing. How do you guys pronounce “folk”? My friend used to make fun of me for actually using the “l” sound when I said that word. Apparently it’s supposed to be “foke”? Maybe I’ll do a vlog and have you guys critique my accent LOL).

Tell Me About You!

Do you like eating beans???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...