Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Last Meal

Wesley has challenged me to think of the five-course meal I would eat before I die.

I think is a fun little challenge, and would love it if you guys could list your last five courses in the comments section Open-mouthed smile

Your courses (and mine) don’t have to be any particular kind of food. No soup, cheese or meat course is required.

This is all a little morbid, but don’t take this too seriously!! It’s all in good fun!

First Course:

A giant salad piled with romaine and spinach, perfectly sweet and ripe grape tomatoes, sliced baby cucumbers, A scatter of Craisins and raisins, walnuts, sunflower seeds, a little bit of crunchy granola, and crumbled gorgonzola cheese, all tossed in high quality balsamic vinegar.

Source

Second Course:

A thick and hearty lentil and potato soup, with chunks of potatoes and plenty of lentils.

Source

Third Course:

Falafels perfectly fried, served with cool and creamy hummus. Warm and fluffy pita bread and sliced veggies for dipping.

Source

Fourth Course:

The most amazingly roasted Cornish hen, full of herbs and a hint of lemon, with a crispy skin and tender meat. Served with pesto “smashed” potatoes and honey roasted Brussels sprouts.

Source

                   Source                                                         Source

Fifth Course:

A chocolate molten lava cake that oozes a warm a rich chocolate filling. Served with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream.

Source

And because this is my dinner party, the part two of the fifth course will be a sample tray of peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, white chocolate chip, chocolate chunk and dark chocolate cookies.

Source

---------------------------------------------------

Oh man, just coming up with this list is making me so hungry.

All of these courses are meals that I’ve had before, so I drew on past “perfect” meals for inspiration, to create one amazing menu!

This was too much fun, and I think I may challenge myself and have a dinner party featuring all of these courses.

But in smaller portions. During my last meal, however, I don’t even want to think about how much I’m eating. I’ll be slowly relishing everything Smile

Don’t worry, you’ll be invited Winking smile

Tell Me About You!

What would you eat for your final five-course meal???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...